Whats your name?
- Aimee-Jean Greenacre
Any nick name or one you wish you had?
- Greenshaker was given to me on the dance-floor many years ago, and has kind of stuck.
Where do you live?
- Venice Beach, Los Angeles.
But where are you really from?
- Sydney, Australia.
Who or What inspired you to begin your healthy lifestyle/ or have you always been healthy?
- My beautiful Mum brought me into this world with the healthiest upbringing and foundation, so yes I have always been healthy. But the desire to start a career in this field came about when I moved to London, when I realised not everyone was raised the the same way I was taught to eat. I also had a dear friend back home in Sydney, Melissa Ambrosini, who started her career in health coaching and inspired me to follow in her footsteps, to teach others everything I was lucky enough to learn growing up.
What are your favorite places to eat?
- For everything high vibes and on the go - Erewhon Venice. Casual but great quality brunch, amazing salads + the best homemade nutmilk Matcha - Gjusta, Japanese cravings - MTN. Highest quality meat and grassfed burgers - Bel Campo Meatco. And Viet Grill for the best quality Pho.
Drink of choice?
- Raw spring water all day everyday, and Matcha Latte with raw honey.
Foods you eat on a daily basis? (ie. Breakfast/Lunch/DInner):
- Seasonal fruit in the mornings, at the moment a fresh Cara Cara orange with a homemade matcha. Lunch is a big salad of arugula, with any combo of seasonal veggies, avocado, pumpkin seeds and some homemade dressing I'll whip up. Dinner will be some form of roasted or stir-fry veggies with lots of spices, or an omelette with sautéed veggies, garlic, onions and some grounding spices like turmeric, cloves and cumin, and I love fresh herbs on everything, cilantro, basil, taragon, mint are my favourite.
- Homemade hummus, my Green Goddess smoothie with lots of good fats! Power balls I make with raw nuts, cinnamon, dates and coconut oil. Or dates with raw almond butter inside!
Shy or outgoing?
- Outgoing, but love my alone time to recharge.
Hobbies /Other interests?
- Good music, good friends and dance-floors. Time spent in mother nature, hiking, swimming and frolicking by the ocean. Travelling to new places and trying new things, especially new food!
Disneyland or Universal Studios?
- Captain Fantastic
Favorite TV show?
- The only TV show I have watched from the very beggining in the last 5 years - Game of Thrones.
- All shades of Green
What is your favorite season?
- Summer, I love being at the beach.
Favorite vegetable ?
- Persian cucumbers, so hydrating and perfect snack!
Favorite place to visit?
- Istanbul, Turkey or Tulum, Mexico.
What has been your best vacation to date?
- Seeing the Northern Lights at the Ice Hotel in the artic circle, Sweden.
Favorite Singer or Band?
- Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston.
Favorite Song (or songs - cause this is a ridiculous question) ?
- Tiny Dancer, Elton John.
Favorite recipe you make?
- Winter Yellow Sunshine Curry, Summer a Green Goddess Pesto Bowl.
- Organic chicken Pho soup.
Sweet or Savory?
What do you like to do for exercise?
- Dancing, yoga, hiking or making love.
Any particular skin care regimen ?
- Yes, eat well, drink clean spring water and sleep 8 hours and your skin will glow. I was also introduced to Jeffrey James botanicals when I moved to LA, it's all natural and delicious. I use his Vitamin C "The Light" in the day, it's amazing for glow and skin renewal and I notice when I don't use it. I also use a tinted BB day cream with SPF. Then at night I will use his cleanser, toner and use the night oil called "The Glow" it's so hydrating for living here in LA.
Night Owl or Early Bird?
- I can do both. But I love 8 hours sleep, and sleeping in until my body naturally wakes up - usually around 7.30am.
Any advice you’d like to give someone who thinks it’s hard or expensive to eat healthy?
- Start with small changes like cooking your own food, you will notice how good you feel and how much money you will save on not eating out. And slowly you will want to make shifts in all areas of your life, as feeling healthy and well is a great feeling.
- Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, and life to everything. It is the essence of order, and leads to all that is good, just and beautiful, of which it is the invisible, but nevertheless dazzling, passionate, and eternal form (Plato)
Who or what motivates you ?
- My friends, and people who are living and speaking their truths, they encourage me to do the same!
Any natural remedies you swear by?
- Garlic, lemon and raw honey when I'm feeling run down. Tea tree oil as antiseptic and for sore throat gargle, Coconut oil for everything, but it also has SPF 8 for a natural sunscreen, epsom salt baths with essential oils fixes me every time!
Whats one of your favorite things about life?
- I love the cycles of the seasons in mother nature. Any time I feel disconnected or anxious, taking time out to appreciate nature always brings me back to my present self, it's the best medicine and it's free.
- When I was newly single at the age of 30 I packed up and moved my life to a new country, got my work visa, and started creating my career in my dream job, as a health and wellness expert. It was scary, daunting and hard at times, but taking the leap of faith was the best decision of my life so far.
Any final words you'd like to share?
- My favourite quote from Marianne Williamson, and I believe we all have a truth/ gift inside of us that needs to be given to the world, shine bright and you will help others shine theirs!
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”