Low carb, eh?
Kung Pao Tofu or Shrimp. Vegan or Not. It's up to you. I sometimes do shrimp, and sometimes do tofu. Whatever I feel like. *I'm a pescatarian so sometimes I have shrimp.
THIS BY THE WAY- is a super simple & fast recipe. I made it in less than 20 minutes. Probably less than 15. But I wasn't counting. Just know that it takes a very small amount of time for a whole lot of flavor- and to be low carb? Sheesh.
By all means if you are not low carb - Add this over rice and BOOM.
But if you are low carb- try it over cauliflower rice. I didn't have any last night or I would've totally done that.
Let me know if you try this sauce! Tag me @thedailykale or #thedailykale so I can see your re-creations!
Vegan Kung Pao Sauce
- 4 tbsp. Coconut aminos (or if using soy sauce- reduce to 3 tbsp.)
- 1 tbsp. Water
- 1 tbsp. Coconut sugar (substitute natural sugar or agave)
- 1/2 tsp. Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. Sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp. Cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp. Ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp. Chili flakes (optional)
- 1/8 tsp Garlic powder
- Black pepper, to taste
- In a mixing bowl, mix all of the above ingredients together until well combined.
For Kung Pao Tofu or Shrimp Meal
- 1/4 onion (chopped)
- 1/2 a block of Tofu (cut into cubes) or 10 shrimps
- Broccoli (steamed)
- Green onion (chopped)
- 1/4 cup peanuts (unsalted)
- Sautee onion in a pan with a little coconut oil. Add in your shrimp or tofu and sautee.
- Once the tofu or shrimp is almost finished cooking, add in peanuts.
- Turn heat off and add in the sauce, stirring around coating everything.
- Serve over steamed broccoli. And or rice or cauliflower rice.