I LOVE freaking peanut butter. Dang dude. I really do. I mean DAMN YOU PEANUT BUTTER. HOW? How's it so good, ya know? I know I'm not the only one out there! I know I can't be. But this is about chia jam, so I'll stop talking about my obsession with peanuts.
When I was little I used to enjoy peanut butter sandwiches. Yep- with out jelly. To me it didn't need it. Oh gosh here I am talking about peanut butter again. OK moving on. I do like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. And yes- they do remind me of childhood. Mainly cause I haven't had one in such a long time.
*Fun fact* I once made myself lunch for school, it was a peanut butter & jelly sandwich in which I had toasted the bread. Wanna know how that turned out 5 hours later? :/ I learn things the hard way people. This is how I do life.*
Back to the chia jam. Have you seen jelly on the grocery aisles lately? That right there is added with some extra weird non jelly/jam stuff. From most of the options I see anyway. You might have better options where you are. But being the person I am- I love to make things myself. Cause to me it's much more gratifying knowing you made it & you know everything that went inside of it. Plus you get to tweak it the way you want! & that is fun. I hope you'll give this chia jam a try. It doesn't have to be blueberries either- I'm sure another berry would work. I just happens to love only blueberries.
Recipe by The Daily Kale
Serving : 1/2 cup
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tbsp. coconut sugar
- 4 tbsp. chia seeds
- 4-5 tbsp. water
- In a food processor, place all ingredients and blend until completely combined.
- In a small pot add in the mixture and lightly cook over low heat until just barely simmering.
- Stir around for a few minutes. Making sure the water is cooking out a little and until it becomes a jelly/jam consistency.
- Pour the jelly in a mason jar with a tight lid & refrigerate for about 30 minutes-1 hour so that it sets and becomes cool. Unless you're into warm jelly. But personally, I just don't know about that :/
Enjoy & feel like a kid again! ;)
Let me know if you make this in the comments below- or if you have any questions!
#thedailykale or @thedaily kale on instagram.