Not sure if y’all know this or not but..... it’s FIG season babbbbby!
Celebrating with a lil’ toasty toast! cause y’all know I love good ole fashion toast decorating! I also made these candied pistachios for the topping and I personally think it took it to the next level.
Y’all seriously gotta try this out! It was too easy and made me feel all fancy pants. Enjoy my friends!
details: @unbunfoods bread, ricotta, sliced figs, homemade pesto (recipe below), candied pistachios and an extra drizzle of honey.
* 1 cup basil
* 1 cup spinach
* 2 tbsp. hemp seeds (or cashews)
* 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds (or almonds)
* Pink salt, to taste
* 1 tbsp. lemon juice
* black pepper to taste
* 1/4 cup water (or more, see notes)
* 2 cloves of garlic
* 1-2 tbsp olive oil (optional)
1. Blend everything together until smooth and creamy!
2. For the candied pistachios: I chopped (1 tbsp ) of them up and then placed in a small bowl with 1 tsp water and 1 tsp honey (you can sub agave).
3. Mixed around until coated, then put on a pan and cooked for about 2-3 minutes on a low heat until they became sticky and combined.
4.Set aside to cool. Before adding to your toast.
I made these a couple days ago and they’ve been saving me in hangry moments (always helpful)
It’s salty, it’s sweet, it’s nutty, it’s espresso-y, it’s hit the spot-y, it’s basically an all around legit cookie. I hope y’all will give this one a try and tag me @thedailykale if you do!
Salted Caramel Latte Chocolate Chip Cookies
recipe by: Krysten Jorgensen, aka The Daily Kale
* 2 cups almond flour
* 2 tbsp golden monk fruit
* 4 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
* 4 tbsp maple syrup ( I used @choczero)
* 2 tbsp almond butter
* 2 tbsp espresso powder (or coffee powder)
* 1/4 tsp salt
* 1/4 cup chocolate chips
* 1/4 cup almond milk
* 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Almond butter Caramel Sauce:
* 2 tbsp almond butter
* 3 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
* 3 tbsp maple syrup
* 2 tbsp caramel creamer ( @nutpods)
* Pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. For the dough, place all dry ingredients in a bowl and stir. In a separate bowl, stir together the wet ingredients.
3. Add in the wet ingredients to the dry and stir together until combined.
4. Shape the cookies and place on a parchment paper lined pan. Sprinkle with a little extra salt on top.
5. Bake for 17-20 minutes.
6. Let sit on pan for at least 5 minutes after you take out of the oven. They will seem like they would fall apart initially- but that’s why it’s important to let them sit. They just need 5 minutes or more to solidify.
7. Stir together all of the caramel sauce ingredients until smooth and combined and creamy. Let cookies cool before drizzling the caramel sauce on top and storing in a container. Enjoy!
Oooooh and don’t forget you can use my nutpods code! It’s : thedailykale
I’ve ate a lot deviled eggs in my day. It’s always been my favorite thanksgiving food... but yoooooo, for real, ya gotta try this out! And then you can take this to your next party/thanksgiving/holiday party or really wherever... You really could even eat these for breakfast ya know, it’s eggs after all. Have a party in your kitchen! why not ?! I have zero rules just be sure to enjoy! tag me if ya make it!
Spicy Mayo Deviled Eggs w/ Teriyaki Sauce
Recipe by: Krysten Jorgensen aka The Daily Kale
Makes 6 servings (1 half of an egg)
Double recipe depending on how many you need!
Y’all - I couldn’t be more excited to share these with you today. SO sooo excited!
Mostly for you to have these in your life! I can imagine you’d be the star of the show if you served/ or brought these to your next party! Personally can’t wait to make these for my friends + family. Also you guys- a big thing happened today and I would sooooo appreciate your love and support, I made my first YouTube video (click this to go straight to it)! Very first (so be nice) I am excited to dive into YouTube and get more videos out there for you. Please leave a comment and give a like if you want to and if you have the time! Your support is reallllllly appreciated!
*Oh also quick note! Definitely double or triple up this recipe to make more than just 6 if you’re sharing with others!
Mexican inspired Jalapeño Poppers
Recipe by: Krysten Jorgensen, aka The Daily Kale
* 3 Jalapeños
* 1/2 cup tortilla chips (I used @sietefoods Nacho flavor)
* 1/4 cup salsa
* 1/2 cup cream cheese (DF or reg)
* 1/4 cup cheddar (shredded)
* 2 tbsp cilantro (chopped)
* 2 tbsp green onion (chopped)
* 1.5 tsp Mexican seasoning
* Pinch of garlic powder
1. Blend your tortilla chips in a food processor to get crumbs for the topping.
2. Cut and seed jalapeños (wear gloves or just be very careful around the eyes!)
3. In a bowl, stir everything else together.
4. Place the mixture evenly in the jalapeño slices.
5. Top the jalapeños evenly with the tortilla chip crumbs.
6. Air fry for 5-7 minutes at 380
7. Serve with my favvvvvorite cilantro lime avocado crema (recipe is here)
Ok y’all! Now go ahead and go make these for yourselves and enjoyyyyy!
Tag me @thedailykale with your re-creations!
My fun little tropical twist on Banana Bread is here! I actually made this weeks ago, a tad late on posting it- sorry about that y'all- But it's here now! And it's ready to be made by YOU :) I hope you love it as much as we did. Recipe is below.
Mango Banana Bread w/ Toasted Coconut Glaze
Recipe by: The Daily Kale
2 bananas (mashed)
1 cup mango (chopped)
3 tbsp almond butter
3 tbsp coconut oil
3-4 tbsp coconut cream
2 flax/chia eggs (or reg eggs)
1 tsp vanilla extract .
2 cups almond flour
2 tbsp golden monk fruit
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of salt .
Toasted Coconut Glaze:
4 tbsp coconut cream (top part)
2-3 tbsp powdered monk fruit (or powdered sugar)
2 tsp lime juice
6-8 tbsp toasted coconut
Preheat oven to 350.
Mix all dry ingredients together.
In a food processor, blend all wet ingredients together.
Combine both wet and dry ingredients together and stir.
Mix in the chopped mango.
Note* The batter is thicker than normal banana bread batter.
Place mixture in parchment paper lined loaf pan, and even it out with a spatula.
Bake for 45-50 minutes.
Cool for about 10 minutes in the pan, then take out of pan and let cool completely before icing and slicing!
To make the glaze, stir everything in a bowl together until smooth. If needed add more powdered sugar to make it thicker.
Tag me on instagram @thedailykale #thedailykale if you make it!
I love seeing your re-creations!