Fig + Ricotta Toast (Gluten Free)
Not sure if y’all know this or not but..... it’s FIG season babbbbby!
Celebrating with a lil’ toasty toast! cause y’all know I love good ole fashion toast decorating! I also made these candied pistachios for the topping and I personally think it took it to the next level.
Y’all seriously gotta try this out! It was too easy and made me feel all fancy pants. Enjoy my friends!
details: @unbunfoods bread, ricotta, sliced figs, homemade pesto (recipe below), candied pistachios and an extra drizzle of honey.
* 1 cup basil
* 1 cup spinach
* 2 tbsp. hemp seeds (or cashews)
* 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds (or almonds)
* Pink salt, to taste
* 1 tbsp. lemon juice
* black pepper to taste
* 1/4 cup water (or more, see notes)
* 2 cloves of garlic
* 1-2 tbsp olive oil (optional)
1. Blend everything together until smooth and creamy!
2. For the candied pistachios: I chopped (1 tbsp ) of them up and then placed in a small bowl with 1 tsp water and 1 tsp honey (you can sub agave).
3. Mixed around until coated, then put on a pan and cooked for about 2-3 minutes on a low heat until they became sticky and combined.
4.Set aside to cool. Before adding to your toast.
Leave a Reply.