What you'll need:
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 box Black Beans (365- Organic- No salt added)
- 1 box Cannelini Beans (365- Organic- No salt added)
- 1 poblano pepper (chopped)
- 1 can diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 package tempeh (crumbled)
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- Scallions or cilantro (chopped, for garnish)
- Cashew sour cream (for garnish)
Sautee garlic, onion, crumbled tempeh, spices and poblano in the oil for a few minutes. Add in all the other ingredients and bring to a boil while stirring. Once at a boil, bring down to a low simmer and slightly cover for about 40-50 minutes- Checking often. Once finished, make sure to enjoy with some yummy jalapeño cornbread muffs!
Southern Style Jalapeño Cornbread Muffs (Trust me- I'm originally from Georgia.)
- 1 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup polenta/grits
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp. ACV
- 1 chia egg (1 tbsp. chia seeds + 3 tbsp. water)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. pink salt
- 1 tbsp. coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Make chia egg & set aside.
- Mix all wet ingredients in a bowl, then mix in a separate bowl- your dry ingredients.
- After mixing separately the wet & dry ingredients- pour in wet to the dry and mix until smooth.
- Pour evenly into a muffin tin that has previously been greased with coconut oil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Until a toothpick will come out clean!