Okay- so I can't just say this is all my own idea. I gotta give a shout out to Veggie Grill for giving me the idea. And by the way- their summer menu that is coming out very soon.... Has Cauliflower Nachos on it that are a m a z i n g. But as I've always done from the beginning- my thing is taking something that is unhealthy and making it healthy. However, I don't think the 'cauli' nachos from VG are that bad. I just wanted to make #TheDailyKale Version :) Cause you know I can't eat at Veggie Grill eveeeeeery day.
#TheDailyKaleRemake is way more fun. Also these hashtags are fun. Okay, I'll stop and get to the point.
So this recipe is for
This is next level buffalo cauliflower right here. I just brought my cauliflower game up so much since yesterday. What was I even doing before? Bleh! This is where it's at. Ok. Get Ready. Turn Your oven on. Lets hope you have some cauliflower in that fridge!
// BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER NACHOS //
- Hot Sauce ( I used Gringo Bandit & loved it. But any type of buffalo hot sauce will work *Make sure it's vegan)
- 1/2-1 cup Whole Wheat Flour (Other options Gluten Free Flour, Cornmeal or Whole Wheat Bread Crumbs.)
- 1 head of Cauliflower (cut into florets)
- 2 tbsp. vegan butter (melted)
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup almond milk (*Make sure it has no sugar or vanilla in it- Just trust me.)
- Spices: paprika, garlic powder, oregano
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Cut cauliflower into florets
- Place milk in a bowl and place flour & whatever spices you'd like in another. I chose the spices I listed above. I mixed in minimal amounts in the flour.
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place a piece of cauliflower into the almond milk and then tap on container to make sure there is no excess liquid and then roll it in the flour mixture making sure it's coated. Again tap it on the side of container to make sure there is no excess flour on it. Set onto the prepared baking sheet. Repeat until finished.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes. Or until it is slightly browned and the flour on it is set and won't fall off.
- Meanwhile you can prepare your hot sauce. Place hot sauce in a bowl with the melted butter and stir it together. I put quite a bit of hot sauce in the bowl. I'd say approx. 1/4 cup-1/2 cup. Because you want to make sure you coat all of your cauliflower with the hot sauce mix.
- Roll cauliflower in the bowl of hot sauce mix until each floret is coated. I do not give precise amounts of what to use, (hot sauce, flour, milk) because coating it in what you'd prefer is all up to you and I don't want you to let any go to waste. Start off by using a small amount and then just add in more if need be.
- After you've completely coated your beautiful cauliflower florets with the hot sauce- Place them back in the oven for 15 minutes. Or until crispy. (Hey everyones oven works differently. So just keep an eye on and don't burn these babies! Please. I'll be so sad.)
*Serve with a side of celery and cashew cheese.
Once finished= enjoy the hell out of them. Cause believe me, you will. Oh youuuuuu will.
Now to make NACHOS like I did. You will need fresh made pico de gallo. Avocado. And cashew queso.
Throw all that on top of the cauliflower and BAM. Just brought the buffalo cauliflower to the next level now didn't ya. K ya'll! Thats it for me. Have a good day!
- 1 tomato (chopped)
- Handful of cilantro (chopped)
- 1/2 a lime
- Pink Salt (a pinch of it)
- 1/4 of Red Onion (yes I said it. Just a 1/4- chopped)
- Spices - Garlic powder (or 1 clove minced), Black pepper
- Jalapeño (Small pepper or use 1/2 and chopped)
Place all in a bowl and mix. All ingredients should be chopped. Minus the spices and lime. Come on guys. Keep it together. Enjoy! It's soooo fresh soooooo clean.