* This is not a melty cheese, just fyi- this is more of a sauce. It does work on pizza however. Obviously won't have a 'cheesy' consistency but it works. TRUST. *Recipe below*
- 1 cup cashews
- 1-2 garlic cloves (I use 2, use 1 if you don’t love garlic )
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- Pink salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup water or more
——- I adjust the cheese based on what I’m making it for. I have 3 different versions I like to make with this base, depending on what I'll be pairing it with. But I do love it as is also. It's great on everything!
- *Fiesta* -for the fiesta pizza or burrito bowls- I add in cumin, chipotle powder & a little cilantro.
- *‘Alfredo* -type of cheeze for Italian dishes. I’ll add in paprika, oregano & black pepper. You can have fun with it. Truffle oil would work too!
- *Ranch* - follow the same initial recipe but add 1 tsp. Apple cider vinegar + dill, dried or fresh (preferably fresh).
Add everything into the food processor & blend until it’s a creamy sauce. Add in more salt, lemon juice and or water for desired taste/consistency. (Add in water little by little & scrape down sides). Keep blending for a few minutes for an extra smooth, creamy sauce texture. Drizzle on pizza. Or use it as a dip for roasted sweet potato fries. Crema on tacos. Pasta sauce. Salad dressing. Stuffed mushrooms. Zucchini boats. Casseroles. I literally use it on everything.
*I do not soak my cashews most of the time. But yes, you can.