This is my new favorite.
It's like a chocolate peanut butter cookie for breakfast.
But- it's healthy :o
Can't go wrong with that!
- 1/2 Banana
- 2 tbsp. chocolate sauce
- 2 tbsp. peanut butter
- 1 piece of bread
- 3 tbsp. cacao powder
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil
- pinch of pink salt
- 1 tsp maple syrup, agave or honey * (I'm sure stevia would work as well, but I haven't tried this.)
- Boil about 2 cups of water in a pot.
- In a stainless steel mixing bowl, place all ingredients and mix.
- Once the water is boiling. Turn off the heat and set the bowl on top of the pot. It'll begin to melt, continue stirring. You will have a very creamy chocolate sauce!
*If you'd like it more thick add more cacao powder and if it needs to be more thin add a little more coconut oil. Store the left over in a mason jar. Reheat when you want to use it.
* I do not own a microwave. This is my make shift version of a double boiler. So if you have a double boiler. By all means use that. :) But this works - I do it all the time.
*Specifics: I used Navitas Organics Cacao powder, 365 coconut oil -unrefined, Ezekiel bread, 365 peanut butter and 365 100% maple syrup. Obviously you can use whatever you like- but I use these particular brands because of their limited and clean ingredients. So I do recommend finding a brand that doesn't have any additives or chemicals in it. If I don't know what the ingredient is- I don't buy it.
Hope y'all enjoy your toast! :)