...And I did something. And since then- things have never been the same. I now do not rely on having chocolate bars in the house- when it's this easy & this good to make your own.
3 ingredients for the base of this recipe:
Agave or sweetener of choice
*Obviously I add the other fun stuff, nuts & seeds, etc- but the base of this is the most important part- because, duh. Chocolate.
Do you have those items? If you do, get ready to go make this!
Super Food Chocolate Bark
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1-2 tbsp agave or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (70 percent or higher)
- Pinch of salt
*optional* (add whatever you like!)
- Chia seeds
- Hemp seeds
- Pumpkin seeds
- Peanut butter or almond butter or toasted coconut butter
- Toasted coconut (highly recommend not skipping this)
- I make a make shift double boiler. If you have one, by all means use it. But what I do is heat about 1 cup of water in a pot on the stove. Mix all above ingredients together in a metal bowl. Once the water is boiling I carefully put the bowl over the pot and let all ingredients melt while I'm stirring it. Soon you will have the creamiest, dreamy chocolate sauce.
- Set aside the melted chocolate sauce. With a paper towel I spread coconut oil lightly in a small square pan- I used the tray that came with my waffle maker. It's a non stick tray. I'm not fancy. Use anything you can find that'll work! Pour the chocolate sauce into the pan. Making sure it fills out the pan completely.
- Sprinkle in all your 'extra' ingredients. Whatever you want!
- Place in freezer for 30 minutes to set.
- Once it's set, cut with a pizza cutter into squares. Enjoy your own homemade chocolate bark.
*I store this in my freezer in an air tight container for up to 2 weeks.
If you make this recipe please share how you liked it in the comments below!
Or tag me on instagram @thedailykale #thedailykale - I wanna see your re-creations!