Recipe by: The Daily Kale
- 1 package Tempeh
- 1/4-1/2 cup adobo sauce (recipe for my adobo sauce below)
- Steam tempeh in a pan with lid on for 15-20 minutes until the water is cooked out. Making sure not to burn.
- With a spatula break apart the tempeh into little crumbles.
- In a bowl place the tempeh crumbles & stir in the adobo sauce until it’s completely combined.
- Marinate in your fridge for 30 minutes minimum & up to 1 hour.
- *Around the time it will be finished marinating *- Preheat oven to 425.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and spray the pan with oil spray * I use coconut oil. *It’s important to use oils that are meant to be cooked at a high heat. (Ex. : Not olive oil).
- Spread out the tempeh mix evenly on the lined pan. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Then take it out and toss it around to make sure it’ll cook on all sides. Bake for another 15 minutes.
Hope you enjoy this as much as I do! Top your salads with this, put on top of burrito bowls or fill tacos up with this. Enjoy however you see fit!
Let me know if you try this & please tag me on Instagram to show me your recreations!
*If you chose to make your own adobo sauce- here is my quick adobe sauce recipe. Otherwise use store-bought adobo sauce or salsa. I am not positive it will turn out how this is intended because I have only ever used my adobo sauce.*
2 roma tomatos
1/4 cup yellow onion
1/2 of Red or orange bell pepper
2 dried guajillo chilies *seeded & soaked in water for 20 minutes
1 garlic clove
1 bay leaf
*Spices I used:
oregano, chipotle powder, black pepper & pink salt - to taste
Blend all ingredients in a food processor for up to 5 minutes, until completely smooth & combined. The longer I process it, the smoother the consistency is.