...No really, it really can be. And it's actually very fun! Like for instance- this recipe! Before this- I had never ate, nor knew what a 'hearts of palm' was. (It's basically a palm tree, mind you). But now, I do! & now you do too. Agh, all is well in the world again.
What you will need :
- 1-2 cans of Hearts of Palm (I got mine at whole foods, there is about 5 'sticks' in each can.)
- 1/2 cup- 1 cup *unsweetened almond milk (emphasis on the unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup - 1 cup Bread crumbs (these can be GF or Whole wheat, you get to chose - YAY!)
- Marinara Sauce
- Spices (Optional, but highly recommended- I used a mix of paprika, garlic powder, cayenne, pink salt and black pepper)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place milk in a shallow dish.
- Mix together herbs with your breadcrumbs. And put that mixture on a separate shallow dish.
- Take out hearts of palm from container & roll each one in the almond milk mixture- and then roll into the breadcrumb mixture - making sure all sides of the stick is coated.
- Place on parchment paper lined pan & repeat until all sticks are coated.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 mins. Turning over half way through. I like to go a little bit longer in the oven to get them to be more crunchy. But thats all up to you! I also heat my marinara in the ramekin for a few minutes to get it nice & warm :) Enjoy!